WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE PROCESS?
We collect personal data when you (i) purchase bracelets or other goods, (ii) sign up for news, invites and offers, (iii) request support and (iv) are browsing our website. Such personal data will include your name, e-mail address, telephone, delivery address, payment details, IP address, behaviour on the website and other information that you voluntarily provide us.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
When using our website, you share with us certain information or leave certain information behind. For example, this might be the case when placing an order, when you subscribe to a newsletter or when you indicate that you wish to receive information regarding Mila Cantes products.
The personal data we might collect and process from our website are:
- your name, date of birth, gender, email and (billing and shipping) address of individuals;
- company name, chamber of commerce file number and VAT number, if relevant;
- payment information;
- your (mobile) telephone number;
- which product(s) you ordered;
- your correspondence with Mila Cantes, if any;
- behaviour data (online movement, use of the internet and the length of your session); and
- IP addresses and time stamps.
We may use this personal date for the following purposes:
- to properly process and fulfil any orders placed assessment and acceptance of our business partners;
- to analyse and/or improve the quality and quantity of information our products, (customer) services and websites;
- to fine tune our correspondence (amongst others) with regards to deliveries and refunds;
- to send information, offers and promotions based on your interest and click and surf behaviour;
- to answer questions asked through, for example, the website;
- to provide news and information regarding Mila Cantes, new products and services;
- to be able to provide the customer with a personal account on our website;
- to allow you to connect with our social media accounts;
- research on the level of satisfaction of the customers, business partners or others; and
- internal analysis for (consumer) research purposes.
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can tailor and target our communications in a way that is timely and relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively. This allows us to be more focused, efficient and cost effective with our resources and also reduces the risk of someone receiving information they may find inappropriate or irrelevant. For this purpose, we process your personal data based on our legitimate interests.
We may also use data about how you use our website to prevent or detect fraud, abuse, and illegal uses and to comply with court orders, governmental requests or applicable law.
HOW LONG WILL INFORMATION BE KEPT?
We shall store and process your personal data for as long as we believe would be necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected such personal data. Nevertheless, we shall not retain your personal data for a period exceeding five years, unless applicable law requires otherwise. This does not consider (anonymous) information in relation to statistic purposes.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
Only the people who need to process personal data for the purposes mentioned above have access to your personal data. We may need to share your personal data with our group companies. We further may need to allow our suppliers access to your personal data when they perform services on our behalf, mainly to provide order fulfilment, support and maintenance of IT systems, storage services and marketing. Any transfer of data outside the EU/EEA is made in line with data protection laws.
BROWSER SESSIONS AND IP ADDRESS
We use the IP address of your computer. This IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer during a browsing session. The IP address of your computer can be used to see how websites are used and for the preparation of analyzes.
WHAT A COOKIES?
DELETING OR DISABLING COOKIES
WHICH TYPES OF COOKIES DOES MILA CANTES USE, AND WHAT FOR?
The cookies used by Mila Cantes can be divided into different categories:
This category of cookies is necessary to ensure the proper functioning of the website. They ensure, for example, that information from one page is carried over to the next. This means you don’t have to repeatedly fill in the same information. These cookies also ensure that certain preferences that you’ve indicated for the use of the website (such as language settings) are retained. Your prior consent is not required for the use of these cookies.
These cookies are necessary to align our website as well as possible with the wishes of our users, by determining how our visitors use our website. We use Smartlook, Google Analytics and Google Optimize. Smartlook keeps track of where you click on our sites. This means we can optimise these pages to display the most relevant information in the best places. With Google Analytics, we measure the way you use our website and how you found us. We use this information to improve our site. We test any changes to our sites first by using Google Optimize. For more details about the cookies that these parties place and the data that can be collected with them, we refer below to the statements by these parties. Your consent is not required for the use of these cookies.
With Google Analytics and Adwords we measure how you use the Mila Cantes website. We use this information to help you choose the product that suits you the best and to show you offers for products you may be interested in during remarketing campaigns. We use Facebook & Instagram cookies to see which products you view. This enables us to show you relevant advertisements on Facebook and Instagram.
For more details about the cookies that these parties place and the data that can be collected with them, we refer below to the statements by these parties. Your consent is required for the use of these cookies: Google, Facebook & Instagram.
Social Media (plugin) cookies
You can share the content on our website with social media parties by using buttons. For more details about the cookies that these social media parties place when you click on the buttons, we refer to the statements of these parties. Your consent is required for the use of these cookies: Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
You are entitled to the following rights under applicable laws:
- The right to access : you may at any time request to access your personal data. Upon request, we will provide a copy of your personal data in a commonly used electronic form.
- The right to rectification : you are entitled to obtain rectification of inaccurate personal data and to have incomplete personal data completed.
- The right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”) : under certain circumstances (including processing on the basis of your consent), you may request us to delete your User Data. Please note that this right is not unconditional. Therefore, an attempt to invoke the right might not lead to an action from us.
- The right to object : to certain processing activities conducted by the us in relation to your personal data, such as our processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interest. The right to object also applies to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to restriction of processing : you may under certain circumstances request from us to restrict the processing of your personal data. Please note that this right is not unconditional. Therefore, an attempt to invoke the right might not lead to an action from us.
- The right to data portability : you are entitled to receive your personal data (or have your personal data directly transmitted to another data controller) in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Finally, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in Lithuania, which currently is Valstybinė duomenų apsaugos inspekcija.
We use a variety of security measures, including encryption for account passwords and authentication tools, to maintain the safety of your personal data. Your personal data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems.
The personal data of customers we collect or generate and process in the context of our website will be stored in the Netherlands and may be further stored for process purposes in the Lithuania.
Last updated: 21st August 2019